Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Feb 13 - 24. Arizona / Nevada Trip. Part 1. The Wedding!

Just returned from a great trip to Arizona for my nephew's wedding. Had a wonderful time visiting with family I haven't seen for a long time.




My brother Rick, sister-in-law Pam and niece Tina....the groom's family.



Stayed at my niece's home in Glendale.

These happy people posing with Traci's stone snowman are my brother Tom, sister-in-law Joan and her mom Helen, whose 80th birthday we celebrated while on this trip.



This is Traci, my lovely niece with whom we stayed during the wedding festivities.

She's here with her uncle Rick, father of the groom. Her boyfriend Chris is at the left and her mom Joan is at the right of the picture. The monk on the far left is Tom, my bother.


Here is his close up.....




The uncle... dressed and ready for the festivities of the evening, practicing his bible reading before passing out blessings at the wedding.




Our daughter Jennifer and her boyfriend Michael, with her cousin the groom who was experiencing a high fever this night of the wedding ("in sickness and in health" was the word of the night) ergo the tight jaws - from shivering in the cool Phoenix evening.

I guess you have figured out by now this was a renaissance/medieval wedding.




and tah tah tah tah ta-taaa...... the bride and groom..........




Mr & Mrs Michael Smetka. Married February 19, 2008.







More the travel adventure to follow....
luv/jo

No comments: