Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My last project - work in progress


I know, I know.... the question? What were you working on in class? so here it is....

I stopped short of finishing this little 5x7 painting....

I started with a pinkish sienna and umber background, and then layered the snow over the top. The bench started taking on the appearance of a couch and that's about when the class ended for the session in mid December. Actually the last class never happened, cause we had a power outage that night, and the roads were too treacherous to travel . I plan to correct this and finish the painting, but for now, I have already put my acrylic paints away and plan to use the oils and alkyds going forward for this next session.

I've had a hard time getting a good photo of this little painting... It's blurry and I'm not sure how to fix that short of taking it outside.... which by the way...

this is what is happening outside at this moment. 2:36 pm, PST, Feb 10, 2008.


Maybe I should go out and paint en plein air.... Right!

It's 32 degrees right now. A bit too cool for this fair weather artist.

And it is a gray winter day.... which we haven't had many of lately, it's been springtime here.... our humming birds are just flitting and fluttering along here at the feeder. They don't care about the snow.

Enjoy your day.

luv/joB

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...




No comments: