Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy New Year



I have been busy studying for my ham license, so I have been remiss in updating my blog.

We had a great holiday with the family in San Jose at the home of my sister and brother-in-law, Betty and Stan.




The tree was decorated by their granddaughter (my niece) Shanna. Popcorn strung by her - one kernel at a time. I am so impressed. I never had luck with that project.

Good job Shanna!










Chocolate fountain flowing in the background.

It was really getting with it until we dipped the level down to a trickle. Awesome treat!







Branch and Shanna anxiously awaiting the Yankee Gift Exchange.

UNO game - new version, hot on the market.

That was Branch's gift and Shanna's pick. It was yet another twist to the game which was great fun to play!!





We took our traditional walk after supper to enjoy candles glowing in paper bags lining the sidewalk in the neighborhood.

Christmas Eve was full moon also. Very beautiful. Very fun!






Returned to Klamath River December 31 to plowed snow along the road and unmelted snow in the park....

Still had Frank's lights glowing on into the night.





..... Fair weather for almost a week and then

.... more snow and power outages.

And even Bingo at the hall was canceled due to poor weather and bad health of our bingo caller.



Here we are - January 18 and we are having 18 to 20 degree nights and sunny days. Heavy frosty mornings.

My ham test should be February 2. Then I will be onto my nephew's wedding in Arizona and then back home and onto painting the mural.

May we all enjoy a healthy and joyous new year!!
/joB

No comments: