Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Art Class At Klamath River Community Center





We have about 25 locals at Klamath River California, who feel very fortunate to have a College of the Siskiyous class being offered right here... and it just happens to be an Art Class, wooo hooo!

I joined them last week at Class 3. Nancy Kilmer, instructor is covering the basic drawing techniques: Prospective, vanishing points, drawing what you see, etc.

One of the first classes (which I missed) they did "drawing the hand". This was an exercise I did many years ago. I found this in my drawing journal.





The following graph paper is our exercise in prospective and vanishing point.. ie, view above, at, and below eye level.



Tonight is the last drawing lesson for the class.


Next week we start painting. I'm still debating wether I should go with oils or acrylics. I love oil, but I plan to paint the mural sign witrh acrylic, so it makes sense to get some practice with that medium. I got til next week to think that through.

This is fun! I did a couple sketches this summer, but my muse couldn't seem to find her way thru all the rain and clouds of southeast Alaska. I figured she must be here waiting for me.

More art to come.

And we're almost at the end of the trip blog..... one more entry coming there too.

Soon....
luv/jo

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments: