Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter with the Red Hats


The week before Easter, my red hat group, The Red Hat Mamas, celebrated friendship, food, and frivolity at Chris Barney's home.


................. showing off our Easter Bonnet creations before the judging.




Lois was the Grand Prize Winner.
Karen (or should I say Carmen Miranda) in the background won second place. She actually had potted plants intertwined with bunnies, umbrellas, and little chicks adorning her hat. She shared the plants with us for our spring planting.

I think Judy (in the foreground would have gotten 3rd place if we had awarded one.) She had the Easter bucket theme going. Miriam and I were the subdued ones in the group. I have an edge over the other gals, as my Easter bonnet is serving a dual purpose as a beautiful spring wreath decoration.

Chris had beautiful decorations all thru her home, and I couldn't resist sharing this one of the bunny, the jelly beans the the little bee buzzing around... reminded me of my alter ego "joBee", and also reminded me that I haven't been painting lately - beyond my "see color" class.


Next blog.... I'll share what we're doing in class.

luv/joBee

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>














1 comment:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I think some of those hats could have had more red in them... *giggle. Looking forward to the class photo's.